Lean into me as your real estate agent
- I am first and foremost a master negotiator. I also have extensive knowledge of the Niagara area and am always on top of current market trends.
- Complete trust and confidentiality. You’re about to embark on an emotional adventure, whether you think it will be or not. You may surprise yourself, and that’s ok. You’re human. I’ll be there with you when things are good or not.
- I am a full time agent who is an excellent communicator. You’ll never wonder what’s going on. You’ll always know where we are in the process.
- You get a snapshot of what the process is and I explain each step. There are a lot of them.
- Every client gets my full attention. I make sure I understand your situation and will ask the right qualifying questions to help you achieve your goal.
- I have a great relationship with other realtors which is extremely helpful for you.
Take the time to prepare your home
- Make the necessary repairs and get the home move in ready. Hire professionals. I have a large database of trades to help you with just about anything.
- Purge! I highly recommend having a professional organizer come in. This is an invaluable service that makes a huge difference.
- Don’t forget about outside the house. Curb appeal is huge!
- Clean it, stage it and have fabulous photos and video.
- Try to remove sentiment or emotional value in your mind as well as in the home. Many people will not see your home the way you do. Don’t get offended if a potential buyer doesn’t absolutely love your window treatments or paint colour choices etc… Everyone, including you, will put their own mark on the house when they move in.
- If there is anything you don’t want to be included in the sale, pack it away and/or tell your real estate agent before photos/video are taken and the listing goes live.
- Make the home available for daytime and evening showings as best you can. Most showings happen between about 10am to about 7pm. You can choose when the best times are for you. I will always inform you of any showing requests and you let me know if that’s ok or not.
- Arrange care for children and pets, if needed.
Have renovation receipts and warranties handy
- I always recommend to put together a package for the new owner. Included would be any receipts from major renovations you’ve done, paint colour samples, and any warranty information.
- Also it’s a good idea to make sure warranties are transferrable to the new owner and if so, check and see if there’s a cost involved.