Monday, 3 April 2023
My Value Proposition
Why would you hire me? How am I different from others?
Whether you are selling or buying, your home is likely your most valuable asset. You need guidance and reassurance during the process and that’s what I am here for. Hiring an agent will save you time, money and frustration. Hiring me as your agent will increase buying or selling power, decrease your stress and let you focus on what’s important, your future.
Let me quickly tell you how I’ve chosen to run my business, what value I provide and why I think when you’re ready to buy or sell you should hire me. It is easy to look up the steps involved in buying and selling a home, the internet is full of articles and lists on what to expect and what to do. But, I do believe that no matter what you read, the REALTOR® you chose must offer you value, and we all value things differently. If they don’t, you won’t listen to a word they say. Your first thought when hiring a REALTOR ® should be “Why am I considering hiring this person to represent me? How is this going to help me personally get my house sold or buy a house?”
Why should you hire anyone? Whether they’re fixing your car or helping you plan a vacation. Why would you hire one travel agent over another? We hire who provides us value.
I realized early in my career that I needed to be able to articulate my value to others. What is it that I provide that would make people want to hire me? What sets me apart?
Let’s first look at the definition of a value proposition:
“The value a company promises to deliver to customers should they choose to buy their product or service.”
1. I get to know what kind of person you are and how you make decisions using an in depth buyer survey that is filled out by you before we do anything. Knowing what’s most important to you helps me serve you better.
2. I am a master negotiator and relationship builder. Some forget these are our primary skills as REALTORS(R). I communicate with the other REALTORS(R) and you to ensure your best interests are being looked after. I have taken a number of courses and attended dozens of seminars to get better at these very skills because they hold the most value. My relationships with my colleagues and other service providers is impressive. This helps us get through hurdles when they happen, because they will.
3. I listen more than I talk. We are a team and I will listen to your needs. I won’t do all the talking. Sure, I’m going to give you statistics and explain trends in the real estate market-I’m going to give you the information you need to make your own decision. But, I’m going to listen to you and ask questions as well. This isn’t about me. It’s about you.
4. I know how to decipher the data so you can learn why certain things are happening and can therefore make the best decision for you. I stay informed of not only what’s happening, but what’s possibly coming. I don’t have a crystal ball but I actually know what the numbers mean and how to use the information to determine the best course of action.
5. I’m a finisher. Driven by professionalism and integrity, I get the job done. If we run into a roadblock, we fix it together. When I know what needs to happen, I work with you to make it happen. I don’t leave you stranded when the going gets tough.
6. I won’t ghost you. I am actually with you from the beginning of your journey and beyond. Whatever you need, call me. If I can’t help, I have someone in my database who can.
If you or anyone you know would appreciate this level of service, I would be happy to talk to them. I’m never too busy for your referrals.